Context: Part of the High school of computer science Iasi
Duration: April 2008 – June 2008
Contribution: main developer, working in collaboration with Vlad Tudose, Andrei Albeșteanu, Prof. Emanuela Cerchez, and Prof. Marinel Șerban
Honour: first prize at the national Siveco Cup educational software contest
Result: acquired and added to the national Advanced e-Learning system
The KMP algorithm educational software is a web application that simulates and explains string pattern matching algorithms (naive algorithm, prefix function, Knuth-Morris-Pratt algorithm) and runs them step by step on carefully selected examples as well as evaluates student understanding continuously and at the end.
Contribution: main developer
- Implemented the core functionality and most modules of the software.
- Led the team of students and integrated the graphics and examples from my colleagues.
- Languages: Actionscript, XML.
- Environment: Flash.
Honour: national award
- The software won the first prize at the “Vision 2020” Siveco Cup educational software national contest (a selective venue with 20 finalist projects).
- The software was showcased at, and we participated to the Online Educa Berlin global conference in education and training.
- The Siveco company later acquired an improved version of the software translated in English.
- The software (lesson and evaluation modules) were added to the national Advanced e-Learning (AeL) system (developed by Siveco Romania and offered by the Ministry of Education of Romania), where most if not all schools have access.